Re: partimage...

--- Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Vivek J. Patankar <list307@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > bruce wrote:
> > > i'm looking at doing a complete copy/restore of a drive. i want
> to copy the
> > > contents of a drive (or as much as possible) to a drive on
> another machine
> > > in the network.

Hi;
 I have 3 hard drives in my machine.
The latest is a 160GB.
I partitioned it into 3 primaries, 79/2/79G
The 2G is swap, the others ext3.
I loaded FC6 onto the first, set it up and "yum upgraded" it.
This gave me multimedia via livna and my user stuff.
I also removed all the disk labels and fixed /etc/fstab.

Then I booted to the FC5 and mounted FC6 under ~/tmp and the blank
under ~/tmp1.
I used konqueror under KDE to copy the contents of tmp to tmp1.
Fixed up /boot/grub on tmp and /etc/fstab on tmp and tmp1.

Booted up FC6 on tmp1, changed the yum repos to devel and "yum upgrade"
to rawhide.
Now I have a working FC6 and Rawhide on the same drive.
Very fast and worked fine.

Mick

Death before Decaf!!!