fc6 ssh/rsync 60 second delay

Hi all,

This is my third day of chasing it and am still trying to resolve this issue.

Left the box running overnight but by morning it had hung. Reboot found a trashed format: disk completely inaccessable, so...

Just performed a clean install of fc6 and have not added any new packages or any other software. The machine was given a host name that resolves with dns. Just to be sure iptables/ip6tables was disabled on machines at both ends of the connection.

I opened an xterm just beneath the clock, ssh'd to a remote machine on the same subnet, then ssh'd back to the new fc6 box. It gave me back a password prompt.

At 9:00:00 I pressed enter in response to the password request
At 9:00:40 the message "Last login: Sun Nov 5...."
At 9:01:00 I finally got the remote system prompt [mike@test ~]$

I repeated this numerous times and each time it took exactly 60 seconds: 40 seconds until the "Last login" message, then 20 more until the sytem prompt.

I think this 20/40/60 seconds may be the clue, but don't know what services/processes have those numbers hard coded into them.

ssh/rsync outbound works correctly; only inbound connections have this problem.

Has anybody else experienced this? Would definitely appreciate help with this.

Thanks,
Mike Wright