Problems installing FC6

Hello, Everyone
I am having this strange problem installing Fedora Core 6 on a system that
has an AOpen mainboard and about 384MB of RAM.  Here is where things stand
for now:
1. I ran sha1sum on the iso's on the machine that I burned them on.  All
appeared to be well.
2. I burned the images to cd's (Memorex 52x media, though I burned all the
discs at 16x)
3. Took all the discs to the place where the system is located.  Put disc
1 in the drive and rebooted, typing the following at the prompt: "linux
mediacheck ide=nodma"
4. Tested all 5 discs, all passed except number 3.  I then proceeded to
burn a new copy of that disc.  Re-ran "mediacheck" on it (still booted
with the ide=nodma option) and it passed.
5. Rebooted the computer.  At the prompt I typed the following: "linux
ide=nodma"
6. Selected my packages and clicked the appropriate button.  All still
seems to be going fine.  No dependency issues at all.
7. After clicking whatever button came next, the installation appeared to
proceed nicely.  Formatted all partitions that I told it to format.
8. Here's where things start to go bad. The following message pops up as
expected: "Starting install process.  This may take several minutes..."
9. Then I get a prompt to put in Disc 2, which I do.  Then I am asked, in
order, for discs 3-5.
10. Then I get a screen that is titled "Exception Occurred"  It starts out
like this: "An unhandled exception has occured."
11. The main error, repeated multiple times, reads something like this:
"error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->open:DB_VERSION_MISMATCH:Database
environment version mismatch.
 error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm"

This strikes me as kind of odd for three reasons:
a. The original iso's passed the sha1sum check.
b. With ide=nodma appropriately passed, 1,2 & 4,5 passed.  My re-try at
burning disc 3 appeared to pass as well.
c. The big thing that makes it seem odd: installing Fedora usually works
without any flaws whatsoever.  I even have FC6 running on our system at
home, installed from the same images (hard drive install) So I'm not used
to this :)

I just had another idea, but I needed to get this down while I was
inspired.  I'll let you know what happened with my idea.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated,
Steven P. Ulrick