ATI x200 and livna drivers

Hi,

I have a system with an onboard ATI x200 graphics chipset. I have replaced the
i586 kernel installed by anaconda in FC6 with the i686 one and have installed
the fglrx packages from livna.
However, I've noted that xorg.conf has not been modified by the livna packages
to use the fglrx driver, so I manually replaced the radeon driver with fglrx.
However, the fglrx driver is slower than radeon and doesn't work in all
resolutions. glxgears was showing an average of 500 fps with radeon driver
and now is close to 200.
Is there anything else I should configure manually in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
get this driver working? Shouldn't the livna packages have modified this file
automatically?

Thanks,

Marcelo