Fedora Core 6 Install Problem on dual boot Thinkpad

Installed Fedora Core 6 on my home machine with not glitches on Monday.
Today I tried to install it on my dual boot (FC 5 and Windoz XP)
Thinkpad and it got as far as checking the boot loader and said it could
not recognize the config. I didn't go any further. I didn't want to get
into a state where nothing might boot so I backed out. Any suggestions
as to where to look.

.....B