Re: Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 17:35 +0000, Roo wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:51:17 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Friday 03 November 2006 15:41, Roo wrote:
> >>
> >> As for your lecture on manners: this thread was hijacked by a bunch of
> >> KDE supporters wanting to post how much they like it better than GNOME.
> >
> > The originator of this thread asked for opinions about kde.
> >
> Quite... so why did he get opinions about GNOME. Fool.

Objectification is a bad thing, Roo. A very bad thing. Most of the guys
in prison who are trying desperately to get out rehab'd, come to
understand that a major element of their criminal thinking is to
objectify another usually through name calling, in order to become
abusive towards them.

It's easy to beat the stuffings out of something with no more rights
than a rock. To call someone something like "fool" means that the human
on the receiving end is less than a human being, and is now become an
object, that in your perspectives you allowed yourself the permission to
have. That object can then be used in any fashion you like, as "it" is
not human, with none of the rights and privileges that being a human
has.

I've seen a lot of boo-hooing and tossing of the crying towels once this
realization comes home to roost. It's usually against a family member
once the "acting-out-phase" occurs. If you care about the people around
you, I hope you consider this... before you become a client. Feelings
lead to emotions, emotions lead to thinking, thinking leads to action.
Sure as God made little green apples, this stuff is sadly very true.

Had you checked, Anne did not call you a name.

PLONK
     Please Leave Our Newsgroup, Kid (Usenet, telecommunication-slang)

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net