Re: FC6 on X86_64 - RESOLVED

After a great deal of effort I'm now up on FC6. It turns out that
there is some type of incompatibility with my video card and the VESA
drivers. It was freezing as it was starting the FB boot screen.  I was
able to interup the boot with CTRL-C and it made it all the way to the
login screen, X tried to start but was unable.

I added the ATI drivers from Livina and manually changed the xorg.conf
file from vesa to fglrx.  My video card is an ATI Radeon X1600 (RV530)
so it anyone else is having this problem it can be overcome.

On 11/4/06, Christopher Johnson <seac0rd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think your right, I've downloaded the CD images and they seem to
work. I might have just had a bad burn.