Re: Any gpg experts reading? - SOLVED

On Saturday 04 November 2006 18:06, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Warren Sturm wrote:
> > On my fc4 system, it live in the .gnupg directory in my home directory.
>
> I presume you mean the trustdb.gpg.  I copied that from my old install
> directory, but then the messages seemed to indicate that pubring.gpg could
> be the problem, so I copied pubring.gpg and pubring.kbx.  Now attempting to
> list keys gives me many more than previously, but then ends with
>

> gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=00)
> gpg: keydb_search_next failed: invalid packet
>

> Anne

An off-list message told me to rename ~/.gnupg, then run gpg from the CLI.  I
had actually done this once before, but I must have done something wrong the
first time, because this time a new ~/.gnupg folder was created.  I copied
all files except backup ones from my old home directory, and now everything
appears to be working correctly.

Just what was corrupted, and why, I have no idea, but I'm so glad to be able
to work on this box again.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Anne