Re: Looking for an easy and powerful programming language

On 11/4/06, Charlie Brune <fedora2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for an easy and powerful programming language to start

> programming. Any recommendations?

I've been a programmer for 30+ years and have a new favorite: Ruby.  It's easy to

learn and fun to use.  There is a lot of material regarding it on the net.

The home page for Ruby is http://ruby-lang.org.  Click on the "Documentation" link

for lots of useful information.  Of course, Google is a great source, too.

Perhaps you'll want to try more than one language.  Have fun!

Thanks for all suggestions. I find Ruby quite easy and it seems to
fulfill my needs. I am just wondering whether there is a nice Linux
gui for Ruby and whether one can use Ruby to write gui programs (with
buttons, menus, etc.).

Paul