Re: kernel upgrade from FC5 to FC6

antonio montagnani wrote:
I upgraded my first machine this afternoon.
When I re-started the machine I had only one kernel installed while in
FC5   I had 4 kernels installed (the last two as standard and SMP).
Is it correct that Fedora deleted all old kernels that I had in FC5??
I have some doubt because if the only installed kernel should not work
I have no choice...furthermore I need to have a choice when I will
upgrade another machine that is booted from a CD
Any comment??

This is normal behaviour for upgrades using anaconda.

Older kernels may conflict with current userspace tools, so it's normal for anaconda to remove all older kernel packages. However, if you have a custom-built kernel (not in an RPM package), that should still be there.

Paul.