Re: fc kernels vs standard?

Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 12:05 -0800, Mike Wright wrote:

Could somebody point out (or point me to) the differences between the stock kernels from kernel.org and those generated for fedora, and why?

Been running RH in production since 5.2. Hate to have to change platforms because the fc kernel has diverged so far from the standard.

I don't know if "diverge from standard" is the right word here
considering the fact that a single new-line might break the patch.
You have two options:
A. Check what's broken and fix the patch. Unless something is really
broken (and assuming you have sufficient C experience) it should be
pretty trivial to fix.
B. Use a vanilla kernel. It should work just fine.

BTW, you might want to upgrade to a newer FC version. FC4 has been moved
to legacy mode.

New server coming up.  FC6 disk #4.iso completing download as I type.

:m)