FC5 is driving me crazy.]

I id not see this message come to me so I ma sending it again. Sorry if
somepeople got it twice.

I have a machine that works under FCx [x = 2-5] but now goes crazy under
FC6. These are the highlights.

1. Xen kernel was installed bu default. With it running the GUI boot
stopped (did not show any failures) then went back into GUI mode. This
never happened to me before.

I switched to the basic kernel and this behavior stopped. How ever under
both kernels shutdown does not work. I get all the right messages up to
an including System halted but the power remains on. Again this never
happened before.

2. Previously I had sound. Now no sound card is detected. I thought
something might have happened to the card itself so I opened the machine
and found the sound card is part of the mother board. Again I don't mind lying
 to say I hear the sound but no sound card is found so I don't get as chance to lie.

3. People are complaining about failure of the CUPS interface. Mine
works and I defined a printer but printing to that printer does not work
neither does browsing of printers of the print server on the LAN.

I have been using Linux foe more than a decade and never saw a
distribution act like this. Any thoughts would be welcome. Under current
circumstances FC6 seems unusable. I realize others have not reported the
same problems but my machine has not changed but the distribution has.
Your picture of the world often changes just before you get it into
focus.