Re: FC6 won't mount Windows drive /dev/hda1

fergus wrote:
sFC6 will not mount the Windows filesystem on
the C: drive (FAT32 at /dev/hda1). It must in a sense "know" it's there (a)
because the grub boot sector is located at /MBR and (b) any typed explicit
instruction to "mount -t vfat -o posix,shortname=winnt /dev/hda1 /c" is
always successful. But the equivalent instruction in /etc/fstab is either
ignored or not understood, I don't know which. The hard drive is an
unexceptional 120G IDE drive FAT32 LBA (forgotten, comes up as type c I
think with fdisk -l, once it's been mounted by hand).

Has anybody experienced this problem and can tell me how to crack it: ie.
what instruction should I write in /etc/fstab that is different from
    /dev/hda1 /c vfat user,noauto,exec,rw,posix,shortname=winnt 0 0
and which will be implemented? By the way mkdir /c has already been done,
that's not the cause.

# umount /c
# chcon -t mnt_t /c
# service netfs start

The "service netfs start" simulates the mount attempt at boot time, which should fail if you try it before running "chcon".

Paul.