Re: New experience with sound card

On Monday 30 October 2006 17:03, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > perhaps you can say us which soundcard you have.
> > >
> > > Borgi2008
> >
> > That is a good question. lspci can't find one, neither can lshw.
> > But it was there when I was running FC5. It is mystery alright.
>
> I have possible solution that I will report if true. In the last month
> my house was flooded. The machine we are discussing was the only one I
> did not move myself. It would nto surprise me that the sound card got
> dislaged. I iwll check that tonight.

Did you get this sorted?  I  had exactly the same symptoms with my Audigy
card.  When you ran the soundcard detection package, did you say that you
could not hear the sound?   If so, that would cause the module to be
not-loaded.  Lie to it.  Say 'yes' then open a mixer and check for muted
channels.  Once I had done that everything was fine.

Anne