Re: Analog Telephone Adapter usage

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:43:34 -0500, Frank Pineau wrote:
[...]
> What does this have to do with Fedora?
>
> In the user manual for the adapter (in the "Advanced Configuration"
> section), though, I note there is a configuration screen where you enter
> the SIP server, outbound proxy, and SIP user ID and password.  Did you
> try reading the manual?

'5. How do I setup my Grandstream Phone for go2call network?
typical configuration is:
SIP Server: voip01.go2call.com
Outbound proxy: (Should leave it blank, because it's a GW)
User ID: xxxxx (your Go2Call PIN number)
Authentication ID: same as your User ID
Password: xxxxxxx (Your Go2Call password)
NAT Traversal: YES (WITHOUT setting the STUN server)
6. How do I setup my Grandstream Phone for FWD service?
typical configuration is:
SIP Server: fwd.pulver.com
outbound proxy: 192.246.69.247:5082 (used only when behind firewall, otherwise
leave it blank)
User ID: xxxxxx (your FWD account number)
Authentication/Login ID: xxxxx (same as above, your FWD account number)
Password: xxxxx (your FWD password)
NAT Traversal: No (You need to set up your STUN server if you don't have outbound
proxy)'

<http://www.grandstream.com/FAQ.pdf>

I was wondering how the ATA knew what to do.  I didn't know that
there was a setting, such as "SIP server".  I was wondering how the device
knew what do.  Knowing what to look for, I now know the generalities :)

thanks,

Thufir