Re: Weird problems on FC5; sound and bluetooth

> I've seen something similar.  In my case, it turned out to be because I
> had a webpage open which had Flash on it, and Flash was using the sound
> system, hogging it all to itself.  Closing off that webpage (or the web
> browser, I can't remember), got things back up and running again.
>
>  From time to time, I'll lose sound with Gaim, often because something
> else was using the sound system at the time Gaim wanted it, and even
> when that something else let go of it, Gaim wouldn't be able to make use
> of it.  I'd have to shut Gaim down and re-start it.
>
> At times, applications that wanted to make a sound would not only not be
> able to (because the sound system was otherwise occupied), but would
> also hang or get stuck.  It seems some software authors don't comprehend
> "multitasking".

Looks like in my case that it's vmware causing my issues. I'm stayed out
of it all afternoon and have not had a mouse or sound problem since. I
remember when I installed the latest vmware player that it complained
about the version of compiler I am using (4.1 instead of 4.0 or
something), but I had it go ahead anyway. Maybe that's the reason, not
sure.

Thanks,
James