Re: pan

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:06:13 +1030, Tim wrote:

> I've seen other news clients work that way, and they made a right pig's
> breakfast of things when the same group was available on different
> servers, with the same messages but with different article numbers or
> message IDs, more so if a server didn't have all of the messages that
> you wanted to read (you didn't have a way to manually choose the server
> that you wanted, to try and work around it).
>
> Does Pan get that right?

I can't say if pan gets that right (is there *any* way to get
cross-server article re-indexing right?)

Pan does have a priority scheme where you rank each server as either
primary or fallback.  But nothing stops you from designating two primary
servers for a particular group, and Zeus only knows what happens when they
disagree.

--Jack