Re: "Pocket Printserver" Dongle doesn't work with (64 bit) Fedora 6

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 09:21 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 22:55 -0500, David Liguori wrote:
Through previous editions of Fedora and Red Hat I have blundered into making this Ethernet to parallel printer box work (on a Laserjet 6MP). For some reason, now it doesn't. I believed it was a Dlink product, although all it says on the box is "Model PRS-301PE. I used system-config-printer and set up an LPR connection using the box's fixed IP address (of which I am certain) and port number 9100, of which I am reasonably sure). When I click on the "print test page" box there is no indication of any kind of error situation, other than nothing happening with the printer.
Might possibly be a bug in CUPS.  Could you file a bugzilla report
please?

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla

Tim.
*/
As I have said many times don't use system-config-printer to configure a
printer. Use the CUPS web address: localhost:631.

Although in the release notes for FC6 they have finally fixed
system-config-printer. We will have to wait and see.
I've filed the bug report, which apparently gets handled by Tim. I tried the Web interface as suggested by Aaron and also the tool under KDE (Kprint?). No joy.

I have also been unable to get my Canon i9900 USB printer working. I had assumed it was because there doesn't seem to be a driver for it out of the box, but could be a bug in Cups. I don't normally use this printer for anything but photographic work, and have yet to implement a solution for dealing with Nikon raw files (plug-in for Gimp, get Photoshop and other tools working under Wine, or other solution) so I'm in no hurry to get this working under Fedora. The fact remains that I have two printers and neither of them works under Fedora.
--
David Liguori