Intermittent Wireless Connectivity

Hello,

I have installed Fedora Core 6 on an IBM ThinkPad T-30 laptop. I have an Atheros-based wireless card that I am using with this laptop. I don't know if anyone is having problems with intermittent connection problems, but I am using WPA2 encryption through a Linksys WRT54G Wireless router (an encryption upgrade I made a while back). It seems as if there is wireless connection for about 10 seconds and after that, the connection drops. In fact, the wireless router is about three away from where I use the laptop. I didn't have this problem when FC5 was installed. In fact, I can count on one hand if I ever had a dropped connection. How can I correct this problem? Has anyone else experienced intermittent dropped connections? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff