RE: FC6 client fails to NFS mount from Solaris 8 server

To get my linux box to mount from some other nodes
I had to add the "insecure" option to the /etc/exports
entry.

/home                    *.my.domain.com(rw,sync,insecure)

I cannot remember whether the Solaris 8 boxes were one of
the ones which required this parameter.  The parm allows
the use of high numbered ports in the connection.  Note
that you have to make sure the NFS version issues are dealt
with as mentioned in earlier posts.

Bob Styma