Re: NFS, SELinux and firewalls

Tom Weniger wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I have installed FC6 on my home network and am enjoying the new
> release. Tip of my fedora to the developers.. Job well done!
>
> What is the status of using NFSv4 with SELinux and firewall enabled? I
> have tried to get it going over my home network but to no avail
> without disabling SELinux and the firewall. Is this problem strictly a
> NFS issue? Has anyone been able to use NFS with SELinux and firewall
> enabled?
>
> --
> Virtually,
> Tom W

as far as the firewall, even though much online docs day that nfs4 does
not require portmap and that the only port required to be open on the
server is 2049 tcp. my experience with fedora and nfs4 (since fc3 )is
that a connection will fail   if port 111 tcp/udp is not opened on the
server. why that is: i don't know. i'm wondering myself.

try the firewall first, with selinux in permissive mode.  once you've
established connectivity, check the logs for selinux problems. -a
--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E