Re: evolution + maildir

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 09:07 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 10:47 +0000, Matt Davey wrote:
[...]
> > The 'MH' backend for evolution stores each mail as separate files.
> > There are definitely some rough edges (e.g. a bug was introduced that
> > prevented creation of a new folder when using the MH backend.  This got
> > fixed, but is evidence that there aren't many users using evolution this
> > way).
> >
> > That said, it's been working well for me for years.  My main reason for
> > using it is that I can very quickly scan and read mail remotely using
> > the mh command line tools.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> Ok, I'lll bite. What is the MH backend for evolution? I was unaware that
> evlution can save mail in maildir format.

I say 'backend', but it's just a different 'server type' that you can
select from within Evolution.

Go to edit->preferences and add a new mail account.  When you select the
'server type' you can choose from pop, imap, mbox, mh, maildir, and
others.  If you select maildir you can then specify your maildir
directory.

Matt

p.s. As I mentioned above, there's one nasty glitch, fixed in
evolution-data-server 1.8, that could cause problems creating new
folders (affected mh and maildir, and may prevent creating a new maildir
account, I'm not sure).

Matt Davey		I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six.
mcdavey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 	Mother took me to see him in a department store and
			he asked for my autograph.  -- Shirley Temple Black