Re: POLL: Fedora KDE Users

Andy Green wrote:
On Monday 30 October 2006 10:24, Andy Green wrote:
However it crashed out while I was selecting an icon scheme, killing (and not restarting) its panel and leaving an empty background (with the picture still present). I Ctrl-Alt-Backspaced X out and on restart, Xfce crashes out every time it is started now, back to the graphical login. So back to KDE for me, but Xfce was definitely usable while it lasted.

-Andy

           I had similar problems on this desktop and received the
           following advice:

           "all configuration for xfce4 is in ~/.config, mainly
           ~/.config/xfce4.
           backup that, delete it and run xfce again. if it runs, you
           can try putting
           back that directory and play with files in there or you can
           just create new
           settings."

           I believe it was deleting .config/xfce4/mcs_settings that
           restored operation. I had to reconfigure things afterward
           and have not run into the problem again although it did
           happen twice!

           Bob Goodwin