Re: wireless network configuration

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 11:09 -0500, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> In my network configuration gui, under my wireless interface second
> stanza - the one wity "Automatically obtain IP address with dhcp" - is not
> sensitive. I can't select anything from there. I can only give myself a
> static private IP address, and that's fine at home, but I'm at work now,
> and I need to be able to get an address via dhcp.
>
> Is anybody else seing this? Is there a reason for it? But in the GUI?
Well there is good news and bad news. Using NetworkMnager and
Networdispatcher rather than Network running you can connect to dhcp
wireless with out trouble using the nm-applet. A fixed address cannot
yet be handled this way and using the Nework creation gui should handle
that.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>