Re: X session messed up after upgrading to fc6. How to reset Gnome.

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 21:51 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Monkey Pet wrote:
> > Hi,  I just reinstalled fc6 (over fc5).  The installation went
> well.
> > However, when I copied my old home directory over, everything went
> > haywire.  Now, when I login to the X session via gdm, I get just a
> > cursor, nothing else, no icons, no menus, nothing.
> >
> > I want to keep my old home directory, but want to force it to
> regenerate
> > whatever is needed for gnome... how do I do this?  What files do I
> > delete or copy??  thanks.

The way to do this is the following. The problem is that the gnome
configuration files are different in each version of linux, tar up the
directories from the old system. THe create empty directories for each
user which will contain the new configuration files. The untar (tar
-xkf) on the new system. The k option prevents overwriting files that
are already there.
Yow! Is this sexual intercourse yet?? Is it, huh, is it??