Re: FC6: yum problem: unknown url type: media

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 08:53:44AM -0700, Kevin Layer wrote:
> Problem solved:
>
> I had used the DVD to populate my initial FC6 mirror, including the
> repodata.   When I refresh the repodata with from the mirrors, yum
> started working.

I'm not sure what you mean. Here's what I did:

* On the repo server: create a new set of repodata with createrepo. I
  did this without extracting the RPM files from the DVD; I just moved
  to the directory above that on which the DVD is mounted.

* On the client: clean out old repo data with "yum clean all", then
  re-run the "yum install emacs" command.

I also upgraded the server's creatrepo to the FC6 version, which has
an amusing bug:

  [root@charlesc fc6]# rpm -q createrepo
  createrepo-0.4.4-2.fc6
  [root@charlesc fc6]# createrepo -V
  0.4.3

Upgrading creatrepo may not be necessary.