Re: FC4 upgrade to FC6

2006/10/27, Philippe A. <futhark77@xxxxxxxxx>:
I have FC4 installed and want to upgrade to FC6. I popped a tested FC6 DVD in the drive and started the install. It stalls at the stage where package dependencies are examined. The progress bar does not even change. My hard disk does not even spin.I will try various workarounds, for ex removing KDE, even though FC6 installer is silent about that. Anaconda used to be picky about KDE in the past. Is it still the case? I may also try upgrading to FC5 then to FC6 if its what it takes.

I have finally managed to upgrade to FC6. I upgraded to FC5 first, then to FC6. I doubt upgrading to FC5 was any useful. When I got to upgrade to FC6 I still had the rpm dep examination stalling. I came back one hour later and found I could go on with installation. I don't know how long it took before the progress bar got updated. There ought to be better feedback. When I upgraded to FC5, the progress bar started moving immediately at the same stage.