Re: Triple boot Fedora, XP, and Vista

On 28/10/06, Thom Paine <painethom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did some googling earlier looking for info on triple booting Fedora,
XP and Vista. I found some good info where everything is contained all
on one drive, but I have 4 sata drives that I'll be using.

I have an 80G for XP, and 80G for Vista, a 160 for Fedora, and a 250
for data storage.

Has anyone else worked at triple booting in this way?

The one guide suggests using the windows bootloader to let you handle
xp and vista and grub can get you into fedora. Ideally I'l like to use
grub for all three.Should I make my fedora drive sda then in this
case?

Anyone else done this and have ideas?

Thanks.

You should install the MS operating systems first, as they do not
provide provisions for booting non-MS operating systems (well, NT
did). I wouldimagine (not sure) that Vista can be installed without
wiping XP. If not, then complain to Microsoft.

After those two are installed, install Fedora. The installation should
identify both MS operating systems and and them to grub. Even if this
does not happen, it is an easy fix to add them later.

Dotan Cohen

http://yadya.com
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/text_editor.html