Re: AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile or "Regular" x86 Laptop

alan wrote:

>>     Any info or opinions is greatly welcome.
>
> What apps?

	Stuff that doesn't come with the FC6 DVD.  I listed some in a previous
message but to recap; Borland C++ Builder, ISE Eiffel, Firefox plugins,
VMware, Applix, etc.

> What OS?

	Oh, I don't know.  Let's see...  Hey, I got an idea.  Since this is the
Fedora Linux list maybe I could run FC6 on it.  Why didn't I think of that?

	Ok, ok.  All kidding aside I should have been more explicate in my
original post.

> 64-bit Linux works well.  (Except for suspend. I don't know of anyone
> who has gotten 64-bit suspend to work right.)

	I tend to use laptops as desktops.  I never actually turn them off let
alone suspend them.

> You can run 32-bit apps on a 64-bit processor.  It just depends on your
> host OS requirements.

	Host OS requirements would be whatever FC6 needed.  But it's likely
that I don't have to much to fear.  Thanks alan.