Re: A humble suggestion for Fedora

On 10/27/06, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if the Fedora installation
asked for some feedback ...?

Eg, "Did you find installation easy (on a scale of 1 to 5)",
"What problems (if any) did you have: None, Reading CDs, ...",
"Do you any suggestions for improvement".

Why be so Windows like about it?

My suggestion: Have one of the Python + Curses/GTK guys do up an app
that takes the questiongs and POSTs them to a website of choice.

Put in multiple levevls of questions: ie. someone a press for time can
just do a first level of simple, general questions. Someone like
myself willing to take some time to contribute, can go all the way to
level X, level X having deeper, more technical questions. Have the
Fedora Market,Legal, and Dev. teams choose the questions.

And then just give the app a meaningful name, and drop it promintely
on the desktop, so the user can do it if/when they want, and console
only users can do the curses screen. And perhaps ask the use if they
would like the questionnaire to remove itself from the system once the
questionairre has been completed. Also, use the default fedora html
pages to point out the existence of the questionnaire.

That's it:nothing mandatory, no data collection behind the scenes,
nothing that makes you feel like you may have added your name to the
death squads list of the damned.

If I didn't already have one incomplete Fedora project to finish I
would do this myself.

Peace.

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud