Media Check errors on Fedora Core 6

Another of my silly little "challenges". As in things
aren't quite working as expected 8-/.
I have downloaded the cd isos for FC-6, and the sha1sums of
the images test as good. I have burned to cd two complete
sets of cds, and gotten one cd to pass the media check
step. _Everything_ else fails, and fails multiple times.
I have looked at bugzilla and not found mention of this
being a problem as it has in the past with fedora.
Is anyone else having similar challenges, or should I
assume the problem is entirely on this end?
As a side issue, how would I get the sha1sum of the burned
cd? I believe that should remain the same as the image
file, or am I completely a sea?
Thanks in advance for your help