Re: Dual boot FC6 and SuSE 10.0

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 11:13 -0500, linux wrote:
> I have a SuSE box on which I wish to install FC6 so that I can dual
> boot.  I have another machine (WinXP) on which I installed FC6 and
> everything went well.  Is the procedure the same for the install?  The
> WinXP machine has two hard drives, while the SuSE just has one.  Does
> that make a difference?  What is the procedure?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

If FC6 finds your SuSE install and you don't use lilo with SuSE ( lilo
is the default with SuSE) the install should be trouble free.

but I =
would first make sure grub is already installed or install grub on SuSE.
Then when installing FC6 use the expert options to insure that grub is
installed on the / partition where FC6 is being installed. Then I would
edit the menu.list ( SuSE - /boot/grub ) using the rootnoverify option.

                                          -----gary