Re: Madwifi on FC6

Steven Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm now wondering if I should do a clean install, ...

It couldn't hurt to do the clean install.

I'm running the 64-bit FC6 from a clean DVD install and livna's
madwifi rpm works fine.

> ... although I don't see what would be creating problems for kernel
> modules compiled against the new kernel following an upgrade.

There is an awful lot of crap in /etc for the modprobe machinery.  Are
you sure that something didn't get left there from the FC5 days?  It
might be an interesting experiment to backup the yum upgraded /etc and
compare that to one from a clean install with "diff -ru".

-wolfgang