Re: Ellison's Elision

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 12:43 -0400, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > I thought someone would pick up on my reference to PCFile <chuckles>
> > Little teeny tiny DOS app worked pretty darn good. Whatever happened to
> > GeoWorks? There was another nice little suite of applications. Made a
> > nice little tight desktop. Someone ought to port that to Linux. <g> Ric
>
>  	Actually GeoWorks still lives.  It's now called BreadBox
> <http://www.breadbox.com> and still works quite nicely.  Back when I was
> financially stable I bought it and DrDOS and put the combination on an old
> 486 laptop I have.  It's quite nice.
>
>  	However, my favorite "environment" from the old days is Desqview.
> Man, I did all kinds of stuff automatically with that baby and some of the
> utilities from Simtel.  Ah, the good ol' days...

Lordy!! How could I have forgotten Desqview??? See?? Stuff like that
could be ported to linux and I'd kiss Xorg goodbye. (except for the
space games, gotta have space games!!) In my BBS days Desqview was the
ultimate sysop app. God, I'm feeling mortal now... <sigh> my impending
doom must be close at hand when Desqview is a vaguely remembered relic
of my illustrious past. I'll forget about women next, and then I'll
forget about that thing called lunch. Somebody just shoot me now. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net