Re: Xen is hot!

Tom Horsley wrote:
Does the hypervisor keep things jumping around or
something? (I have no guests installed yet).

On the other hand, maybe it is just that
beagle-build-index process running in the

The xen kernel and hypervisor don't understand power management. If you think about it, it's a much more complex problem. This means while with the bare kernel you might see the CPU frequency scaled down (on my machine from 2.9GHz to 1.6Ghz) this never happens with the Xen kernel. Hence more heat.