Re: Introduction Email with a plea for help :-(

Darren Foster wrote:
mplayer: error while loading shared
libraries: /usr/lib/libavformat.so.50: connot restore segment prot after
reloc: Permission Denied.

This is maybe selinux? Tail /var/log/audit/audit.log or /var/log/messages looking for complaints.

I tried the /var/log/audit/audit.log file but it doesn't exist.
The /var/log/messages file was most excellent though. It showed as being
the problem for both flashplayer and Mplayer.  Both appeared in the logs
as being access denied. I noticed that the SELINUX was set to
"enforcing" which seemed to block flash and Mplayer from working. I have
now set it to "permissive" which seems to have done the trick.

If you post the avc denied messages from /var/log/messages we can probably find a fix for this that doesn't involve turning off SELinux protection for the whole system.

Paul.