Re: digital camera Q

On Thursday 26 October 2006 13:37, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 04:24, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > thought it was "A Pint is a Pound The World around"
> >
> > I don't know where that comes from, but it just isn't true.  Ask the lady
> > in your life how many fluid ounces in a pint - if she cooks/bakes she
> > will tell you that there are 20.
>
> I cook and bake [my ex taught me] and I use 16 fl oz =pint
> http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

Both 20 fl oz =pint , and 16 fl oz=pint are correct, depending whether you are
living in the US, or the UK.

The cooking conversion page is wrong with saying that the conversions apply to
the US, and British measures. The weight conversions apply to both, but the
liquid conversions only apply to the US.

The page "capacity and volume" makes that clear, where there are conversions
for both US, and UK imperial measures.

There is a big difference in the size of the US gallon compared to the UK
imperial one, but the comparison between the US fl oz, and the UK imperial
one is slight. Both gallons= 8 pints, and here comes the rub. A pint of beer
in the UK has more beer in it than a pint of beer in the US.

btw. beers cheaper in France.

Nigel.