fwcutter/wifi on FC6 ?

I've used ndiswrapper (and Fedora for that matter) for the last 2 years.
I just updated to FC6 and I am having trouble getting my broadcom
wireless card working with fwcutter.

I'd appreciate some help.

OK, so I've done the following:

a) downloaded and installed fwcutter
b) cut the driver with /usr/bin/bcm43xx-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware
bcmwl5.sys
c) /sbin/depmod -a and /sbin/modprobe bcm43xx

No probs so far.

I also did a "make clean" on my last ndiswrapper build, just to make
sure that wasn't interfering with anything.

Then I ran system-config-network and I removed any wireless devices that
I had in the Devices list.

When I look on the Hardware tab, I see 2 wireless items:

1) Broadcom Corp Wirelss as eth1
2) bcm43xx as wlan0

Should I be seeing TWO items in this list ?

If I exit system-config-network WITHOUT setting up eth1 and
run /etc/inet.d/network restart, I get the following:

/etc/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface eth0: wlan0: error fetching interface
information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
External network device wlan0 is not ready. Aborting..
[ OK ]
Shutting down loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0...wlan0: error fetching interface
information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
External network device wlan0 is not ready. Aborting..
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
External network device wlan0 is not ready. Aborting..
done.

Why is it trying to init wlan0 if I don't have a device set up for it ?
Why am I getting these errors on wlan0 ?  Does this mean that I don't
have the driver info properly cut for eth1 ?

Are eth1 and wlan0 the same thing ?

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.