Re: digital camera Q

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 25 October 2006 05:07, Edward Dekkers wrote:

The only thing that really gets me is that to me, metric seems so
logical. 10 millimetres to a centimetre, 100 centimetres to a metre,
1000 metres to a kilometre etc.

Precisely - with 10 digits on each hand and foot, what else should we use? :-)

12 inches is a foot
16 ounces is a pound

???

Oh, we can do much better than that, if you look at the whole caboodle of historic weights and measures.

AND the imperial gallon seems to be different to the US Gallon as far as
I understand.

Yup.

16 or 20 ounces to a pint, depending on where you are. Of course the ounces are different. I have yet to see a litre be different than a litre.

I don't even want to know how many feet to a yard (it must be less than
three and a bit feet coz that's roughly a metre).

That's easy - just 3 feet to the yard.

But my yard is bigger than three feet. My yard is about 17M by 15M. And my feet are bigger than a foot. Or is it my foot is bigger than a foot?

P.S. Don't even get me started on the US having the month then day then
year for displaying dates. I don't get that either but caused quite a
bit of confusion when we were over there.

Until you want to sort by date order, then year, month, day makes sense.

Anne

But Year, Month and Day are an ISO standard. And we all follow standards, oh well all but Microsoft. :)

Couldn't resist.
--
Robin Laing