Re: Question regarding the torrent for FC6

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, tom wrote:

> I've been wget/ftp/http'ing my cds of fedora in the past, so I thought I'd try
> using bittorrent via a daughter's cable connection and mac. Going for the
> Zod-binary-i386, at 49 MB into the download I'm seeing download rates bouncing
> between 0.4K/s and perhaps 10k/s. Somehow those figures don't seem right to
> me. The upload rate is running 7-9K/s, so it isn't because I'm not sharing.
>
> Any clues as to what to check??

The torrent has been generally slow - I've been averaging only somewhere
around 40Kb/s (I'm about 2/3 through downloading the i386 DVD). The short
answer is 'more people need to participate and share'.

--
Benjamin Franz

"It is moronic to predict without first establishing an error rate
 for a prediction and keeping track of one’s past record of accuracy."
                    -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled By Randomness