Xen guest question

I'm planning on venturing into the world of Xen if I ever finish downloading FC6, but
I'm still having trouble getting my brain wrapped around stuff. For instance, my
current wondering is this: Is the guest OS kernel different than the "native" kernel?
Or is hypervisor support just built in and the kernel figures out when it happens
to be running under the hypervisor? (Much like i386 now figures out if it is single
or multiple processor).

Or to ask the question another way: If I installed FC6 on a separate partition to dual
boot it, or installed it as a guest OS, would they both use the exact same
kernel rpm?

Would the answers to this question be the same for other linux distros (as long as they
have a new enough kernel)?