Re: FC4 -> FC6?

Jerry Williams wrote:
Can I upgrade from FC4 to FC6?
Or do I have to upgrade to FC5 first?
Thanks!

You should be able to upgrade directly from FC4 to FC6 without an intermediate step.

One thing that might give you problems is the newer installer that uses yum is a bit fragile when it encounters packages that do not exist in the later installations. I don't recall FC4 much but seem to remember it had a lot of programs that are not in core any longer.

Of course there may be new packages that are new from FC4 to FC6 that an upgrade may not pull in also. That detail can be fixed by adding packages via pirut after the upgrade.

Jim

--
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive