Re: digital camera Q

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 00:29, John Bowden wrote:

> or the measurement from end of finger to the first joint of the
> first finger. an imperial british mesurement from before
> decimalization. Yes I know I'm full of useless infomation.

I like the one about the foot being the average foot measurement of 10 good
men attending church on a particular day.  Sadly, I understand that this is
folklore without any basis of truth.

> registered Linux user number 414240
> Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
> intentions and he was going to blow them up !

My daughter remarked yesterday that until mid 20th century it was actually
illegal for a British citizen to fail to celebrate Guy Faulks day.  I suspect
that the thinking was rather different from popular opinion ;-)

Anne