Re: FC6 seems to be a mess

redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Did a fresh install and everything is working fine.
>

> On Oct 24, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> I upgraded from the ISOs that I downloaded today.
>>> I'm backing up my settings and doing a fresh install.
>>> Wish me luck :)
>>> EJ
>>>

>> Good luck! My yum upgraded system seems to be working fine.
>> If things still do not work, you can bugzilla the problems since yours
>> will be a clean install.

OK, I haven't yet moved from FC5 to FC6, but when I upgraded to
FC5-test2, I went on the development repos to stay up-to-date.  When FC5
was finally released, I installed just the fedora-release RPM, fixed my
yum configuration (to re-enable core and updates and disable
development), and let the system continue to update.  No problems!

You should be able to do the same with FC6.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx