FC5 to FC6 upgrade problems

I have an IBM T30 laptop with FC5 on it and I am trying to update it to FC6
using a DVD made from the ISO.
The DVD does pass the media test.
I tried to do it in the graphical mode and it hung on Checking dependencies
in packages selected for installation...
So I tried linux text
and same kind of thing.
I says: Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation...
Then I got the message:
No handlers could be found for logger "yum.YumBase"

Alt F3 the last thing it says is:
18:01:33 INFO  : selected kernel package for kernel

Linux rescue loads and finds things just fine.

I have another system with Athon 2600+ and SATA via disks and linux rescue
can't find my lvm volume group.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks,
	Jerry