Re: OT: labelling CD/DVD disks

Anne Wilson writes:

> For years I have applied paper labels to CDs, using an aligning tool, and
> never had a problem.  Around the time I got my first DVD burner I read that,
> because DVDs have a denser ring population, they are less tolerant, and one
> should not apply labels, but use only a pen.
>
> ISTR that a couple of months ago someone on this list remarked that this is
> nonsense.  Does anyone care to share their experiences with me?  Thanks
>
> Anne

Hi Anne. I have been labeling DVD films with stick on label for
some time now. The only problem I have had is with my nephews
dvd player and photo quality labels being too thick. His dvd
player (none pc type ) is a slimline one and the draw catches on
the label. No problems with reading the data or film on the
disk.

registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
intentions and he was going to blow them up !
Free POP3 Email from www.Gawab.com
Sign up NOW and get your account @gawab.com!!