Re: IBM TSM Client on FC3

On 10/23/06, Brian D. McGrew <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the help!  I've tried for the login prompt and the system is
just dead hung.  After reboot there is nothing in any of the system log
files nor the TSM log files.

:b!

Hi again Brian D. McGrew!

I did not note your reference to /etc/inittab until this second more
careful read through.  To me that seems a strange place from which to
run a back up script.

I believe I would tend to use cron:

# Looks to be a pretty good man page -
http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mansec?1+crontab

# Simple but useful
http://esm2.imt-mrs.fr/~staffelb/guide_linux/part1/cron.html

If you really need it in the boot process see rc.local:

http://docs.planetargon.com/wiki/show/rc.local

Good Hunting!

Tod