Re: FC6 Released?

On 10/24/06, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:27:13 +0800,
  Yue Feng <2525275@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found this link http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Linux/Fedora/linux/core/6/
> and there are something seem to be the final release of FC6.
>
> Any ideas? Is it the true release?

Probably. By the time you download it sha1sums should be available and you
can check for sure before installing. Also if they are listed as a mirror
by fedora they are going to have a legitimate copy.

I would guess that this note is equally as applicable to Fedora releases:

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed/2006/10/the_antirelease.html

However, since things are kinda beyond the point of no return now, I don't see how getting a head start on downloading the torrent will do any harm. :]

/Mike