Re: How does Firefox 2 get added?

Matthew Miller wrote:
In short, there's no compelling reason to go to Firefox 2.0, and Fedora will
probably skip it.

Having gone ahead and installed Christopher Aillon's test packages on my
devel-tree machine, this seems like a really good decision to me.

He mentions technical reasons to avoid it, but I can't entirely follow the discussion.

Can anyone explain succinctly why my FC5 can process a dozen updates a week, including kernel updates, but this one is "just too much trouble"?

Don't get me wrong, I don't even use FF--I prefer Seamonkey--but I would like to have the /current/ FF available, if nothing else, for testing purposes and for supporting people who are using FF2.

Does the Mozilla updater work under Linux? Even if it does, I prefer to use an yum/rpm-based install.

<Joe