Re: fstab and LABEL=

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 13:07 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
> Globe Trotter wrote:
> >
> > --- Jay Cliburn <jacliburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> You should direct your complaint to the kernel developers.  That's where this
> >>
> >> change comes from.
> >>
> >> Jay
> >>

> > And how about the no automatic editing feature in FC5 (started from the middle
> > of FC4 onwards)? Where does one direct complaints on this? It is unclear to me
> > and several others why this feature was removed?
>
> Complain where you wish, so long as you recognize that your complaint might not
> do any good, given the incorrect venue.  My response to Tim was actually
> intended to help.  (Whether or not it did is another matter.)  Complaining in
> this list about something that comes from upstream seems a bit pointless to me,
> unless you just want your opinion heard, I guess.

There is that, Trotter. Just having an opinion heard may lead to a
consensus of opinion. Free exchange of ideas, etc. Instead of 20 people
posting upstream as individuals, there is a perception that a group
effort might carry more weight, even with the same number of members.
It's surprising just how many complaints posted to this list later
become newly defined features that remedy the original complaints.

Plus there is the added benefit of bouncing opinions off of the others
(peers) on this list as a form of reality check, before running upstream
with a half cocked notion that merits a slap-down from the Gods. So, I
am of the opinion that this is the correct venue to be heard in. It
might be the necessary venue, for the reasons I cited. That's my
two-cents, Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256